Wednesday, March 4, 2015

An Interview with Antoinette Greene


Q: How did you get started as an actress?

 Antoinette: I got started at a time in my life when I needed  to find myself and to feel more grounded. I got interested in acting and started classes at HB studios.  It was scary and exhilarating at the same time. I always wanted to be a dancer, but this was another way to express myself. And I found something that I keep trying to conquer.

 Q: What kind of roles are you best of playing?

 Antoinette: I am best at playing women who have a chip on their shoulder and a world class attitude but would like nothing better than put both of those aside.

 Q: Is there a director who's work you admire and with whom you would like to work?

 Antoinette:  The director that I admire is Amma Asante for her film "Belle" I love period pieces. And I love when they include women of color in positions of authority. She made us visible. The obstacles she went through to make this film and to have it come to fruition must have been enormous. I give her big props.

 Q: Do you have a wish list of directors?

 Antoinette: Yes. they are Ava Duvernay, Quentin Tarantinio, Craig Brewer, John Singleton, Malcolm D. Lee, Benh Zeitlin, Ridley Scott, Lee Daniels and Amma Asante

 Q: What is your background?

 Antoinette: My parents exposed me to theatre differently. My mother took us to Broadway shows. And my dad was more off Broadway. I enjoyed them all. But when my dad took me to see "The Me Nobody Knows" I was twelve. seeing Irene Cara up on stage made me want to be up there. As a young adult, my friends and I continued to go to plays and off beat films. Seeing shows and going out to eat were our past times.

 For further information contact
(240) 462 6771
               

2 comments: